Links to Related Sites
The Berlin Wall
Sites that link to The House at the Bridge site
Finding the book
The House at the Bridge on Amazon.com
- Amazon.com has a web page describing The House at the Bridge
where you can also order the book. Copies of the book are
available through Amazon.com.
Architecture and Landscape
- Architectures for Steam
- During the time of the construction of the Villa, the Prussian aristocracy
was fascinated by the British Empire and the beginning of the industrial revolution.
As a result the gardens of the new castles included buildings for demonstration
M. Norton Wise has written a
fascinating article on Architectures for Steam.
Links about the Author
- An interview with Katie Hafner on Amazon.com
- Katie discusses her three books and how she writes.
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late
- A very interesting site about Where Wizards Stay Up Late
which is Katie Hafner's most recent book. The site contains many interesting images from the history of computing and the early ARPAnet.
- ARPA - Kadabra
- A site about the German edition of Where Wizards Stay Up Late.
The German book is entitled ARPA - Kadabra.
- NY Times Bio (Registration required)
- A brief but witty biography of
NY Times writer Katie Hafner.
- RealAudio Interview at Ann Online
- This Ann Online page contains a picture of the authors ofWhere Wizards Stay Up Late,
a brief biography, and links to a RealAudio interview.
Berlin & Potsdam
- Recent pictures of the Villa and the Bridge
- Timothy J. Norton visited Potsdam in December of 1997 and took a
series of photographs of the Villa and the Glienicke Bridge
He also has photographs from an earlier visit to the former East Germany on-line and photographs from a later visit. to places including Colditz and the Polish border.
- Travel to Berlin and Potsdam
- See our tips on and recommendations on the
Travel to Berlin and Potsdam
- Hotels in Berlin-Zehlendorf
- On our recent visit we stayed at Haus Leopold,
a wonderful, family-run hotel convenient to both Berlin and Potsdam.
WannseeBlick is quite close to the House at the Bridge
and has a wonderful view of the Wannsee.
- Stadtplandienst Glienicker Bruecke
- If you follow this link, you will be presented with a map of the area
around the Glienicke Bridge and Schwanenallee where the Villa is located.
The Stadtplandienst allows you to type in any street address in Berlin and
will then present a map centered on that address. On a 14.4 modem you have to
wait a minute or two for the maps to load but the maps are worth it.
- Excite Travel : Berlin
- Solid extensive Berlin travel information.
- Berlin and Prague
- Phillip Greenspun's decidedly different travelogue of Berlin.
Phillip visits parts of Berlin you might not have considered until you read this.
The DDR - East Germany
- East Berlin City Guide: http://www.dailysoft.com/east-berlin/
- This remains from the GDR: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/3860/eindex2.html
- Eastern German Studies Group http://www.calvin.edu/cas/egsg/
The Glienicker Brücke
- Bridge of Unity / Bridge of Spies: http://www.glienicke-bridge.com
Modern German History
- Lectures for the History of Modern Germany
- A directory of the complete set of lectures on
Modern German History of Professor Gerhard Rempel
of Western New England College.
- Glienicker Brücke postage stamp
- Deutsche Post stamp issued to commemorate the Glienicker Brücke:
- Deutsche Bank history
- The organisations for restitution
- Wolf Biermann
Please mail any suggestions for links to firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last built on Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 2:53:07 PM
with Frontier. Please send comments to: greg@TheHouseAtTheBridge.com